It’s the question every family walking through the doors of your funeral home wants to know but is afraid to ask: Can I afford a funeral service at this funeral home? Of course, we know the answer varies depending on the services selected. But it’s safe to say most families have no idea what to expect when it comes to the cost of funeral services, and they might be surprised how affordable your firm is.
It’s critical to communicate your value in a world where more and more discounters are popping up all over the place. If you want to maintain your market share, you need to make sure people know they can afford you.
Our team at MKJ realizes this. That’s exactly why we’ve designed the Funeral Cost Estimator. This online tool walks families through their options in five easy steps, asking questions about the following:
- Budget range
- Preferred method of disposition
- Type of service
- Personalization options desired
An estimate (it is made abundantly clear this is simply an estimate) along with a breakdown of costs is generated, which the client can download or print. If they bring to your funeral home, it will help your team better assist them, as their wishes will already be clearly written down. The Funeral Cost Estimator also provides them the opportunity to submit their contact information to you for further follow-up.
Ultimately, our Funeral Cost Estimator accomplishes three important things:
- It gives families a sense of control when they need it most. After seeing their estimate, families will feel more knowledgeable and confident when they pick up the phone to call you.
- It builds trust with the family, since you are being transparent up front about your cost of services.
- It lets people know they can afford your services – before they ever pick up the phone or walk in the door.
Everyone benefits. For more information on how to add the Funeral Cost Estimator to your website, contact us today.