HOME Prospective Trade Research
The greatest risk
in funeral service is...
building a new funeral facility; even acquisition represents a much lower level of risk. It is for this reason many managers and owners will invest in research to determine the opportunity and challenges in a market before investing in new facilities.
Using demographic data along with the attitudinal data collected through the research, we are able to project at-need volume for the funeral facility’s first 18 months and the fifth year. We also use the data to project cash flow, including advertising cost, for the fifth year. As part of the Prospective Trade Area Research Study you will learn the image assets and liabilities of the competitive funeral homes in the studied area. It will also determine the effectiveness of their advertising and promotional efforts and the penetration of their pre-need sales.
Read About the Researcher
The prospective trade area
- Funeral home preferences and market share
- Local demographics to predict future death rates and the number of deaths in the market
- Provide blueprint for future marketing/advertising strategy
- Investigate consumer preference for various location options
- Projects at-need volume for the prospective funeral home for the first eighteen months through fifth year at various locations
- Determine current and future interest in the pre-need concept
- Determine interest in various marketing concepts